"Photography takes an instant out of time altering life by holding it still" ~ Dorothea Lange



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scanvenger Hunt Sunday

As I mentioned on my previous post last week was my 30th birthday and my hubby and his side of the family(which I love dearly) surprised me with the most AWESOME birthday gift I have ever received. They caught me completely off guard with a very nice birthday celebration with almost everyone there, the biggest; coolest handmade birthday card and tickets to go fly on a hot air balloon. As if that wasn't enough I also was going to spend time at one of my favorite places Sedona, AZ with my hubby. Needless to say we had a fantastic weekend just the two of us. I feel blessed to have such a loving family.....life is great!

Both my husband and I had a great time photographing just about everything.....(we got several weird looks). I was going to post my interpretations for this week's scavenger hunt last night but it was thundering and I was very tired since we had to wake up at 4am to do our hot air balloon voyage at sunrise.....not complaining but I was ready to sleep.

So here are my interpretations:

1.-Things that look like the letter of the alphabet.
I had a great time hunting for letters and will probably keep doing it until I can complete the whole alphabet :)





3000 feet up on the air I spot "J" amongst the scenery!
As I said I had too much fun finding letters so I couldn't choose just one...I hope you guys don't mind

2.-Weather

I captured these this past Tuesday here in my back yard as one of the biggest dust storm rolled through Arizona. I believe it made national news but here is a link to a video that shows in 56 seconds what lasted for several hours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG9d_aQoZ3k&feature=related 
Time lapse on my pictures about 20 minutes.
My hubby capture the following last night.  Yes, we have become the crazy people that go out when they see lighting in the sky :)

I wish I was better at "Photoshop" to remove the distractions on this photo but I'm not so for now this is what we have. 

3.- Bling


Window "bling" found in art shops in and around Sedona, AZ. I would love to hang several of these in one of my windows but they are quite pricey.


4.-Tangle


This is an ear of a donkey made out of "tangled" rusted wired.

5.-Dark


I choose to use this for dark because we had to turn almost every light in the hotel room to be able to capture the beauty of the fireplace which only last on for about 30 to 45 min because after all it is July in AZ and really there is no need for extra heat.


So there you have it .....
I'm already excited for next weeks hunt which includes the following promts:
  1. Black and White
  2. Reflections in Glass (Exploring with a Camera theme - check out post here)
  3. Headlights (Chelsea's suggestion)
  4. Seeing Double (Chelsea's suggestion)
  5. Bare (Chelsea's suggestion)
Head on over to Ashley's blog to see all the other interpretations
Scavenger Hunt Sunday

9 comments:

  1. These are great! That dust storm sounds like it was insane and I love that lighting! I am also super jazzed to find other letters of the alphabet!

    Tamar - joining in SHS for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, happy belated birthday! It sounds like you really had a wonderful time. And your photos...well you definitely rocked it out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! That dust storm is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great capture of the "Haboob"!! I love your letter shots, I've always wanted to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dark photo looks really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!!

    Loving your lightening shot- How did you do that??? We are always going outside to check out the weather when something is happening. It's rare that we get weather- so when we do, we don't want to miss it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to pin your fireplace photo on my Pinterest "Winter" board! I love it! :)!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read each and everyone of your comments.