"Photography takes an instant out of time altering life by holding it still" ~ Dorothea Lange



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finding the light!

I know I'm really close to the deadline to submit these for this week's prompt over at http://www.projectalicia.com/ for the Crazy Days of Summer week five but I had to wait to see what was capture last night. I'm so glad I did because my hubby capture some pretty AWESOME shots with less than ideal conditions.

I think that capturing light as you see it is one of the trickiest things to do but oh so fun to try!


This was a lucky shot because back then I was stuck on "Auto"

Both my hubby and I love photography and I think both have help each other get to where we are today.




This is one of my all time favorites it might not be technically correct but I adore this picture of my boys playing along a nearby lake.


Trying to play with long exposure a few weeks ago.


I was hoping the kids could get a change to hold a sparkler each but with the weather conditions and how overtired they were; we though it was safer to try at another time so you get to see a sparkler I shot at the beginning of the year.

Last night we had an awesome time watching the fireworks display and although the conditions where horrible (windy and dusty) my hubby still manage to capture several shots. These two are his favorite.




                                                 Project Alicia



5 comments:

  1. These are all such fabulous shots! Thanks so much for sharing them with us in the Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge. I can't wait to see what you both come up with for Friday's new theme, PATRIOTISM. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I also love the one of your two boys! I think those natural shots are really the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great! Love the 2nd one and the photo of your boys. Thanks for stopping by my blog recently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are simply stunning, I couldn't choose a favourite, I just love pictures of fireworks and sunsets! The one of your children is very special.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read each and everyone of your comments.