"Photography takes an instant out of time altering life by holding it still" ~ Dorothea Lange



Monday, July 4, 2011

First scavenger hunt of July!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. I had an awesome weekend full of birthday surprises thanks to my hubby and our families. I turned 30 years young yesterday; I felt so loved by everyone. I know I'm blessed beyond believe. A big thanks to everyone that has ever touch my life because I believe each little or big experience has made me the person I am today. I know so many people in particular women don't like to think of getting older. In my case so far I am enjoying the journey a I'm so excited for the future.

I almost decided not to post the scavenger hunt pictures for this week but here they are. I hope you enjoy them :)

1.-Pop of Color

In this desert that I live it's quite refreshing to find these little pops of color!

2.- Crossing Thresholds

Who could have known that by the time I turned thirty I would be so happy. I mean I was happy when I turned twenty but at that time I had so many dreams that I didn't know if  they would ever become a reality and now I know that yes they can and they will.   One step at a time!!!

3.-X-Ray

This was a bit complicated to me and I'm not sure I nailed it but I try!

4.-Toy

My boys newest obsession their BEYBLADE(s)!!! They talk about this more or less all the time so much so sometimes my ears need a break :) Who knew tops would be so interesting but according to them they are not an ordinary top. They have powers and special moves....I look forward to the next stage.

5.- Farm or Hidden

This one is from the old archives and I love it very much because you see the house at the back of this photo.....I was born there! Yes my mom didn't go to the hospital to deliver me. She had a natural birth with very little assistance in her own home that was made by my grandpa and my dad on the same piece of land that this house sits on. That house is long gone but all the stories and memories remain. 

Next weeks words are:
  1. Things that look like a letter of the alphabet
  2. Weather (Paper Heart Camera theme 7/10)
  3. Bling (Heidi's suggestion)
  4. Tangled (Heidi's suggestion)
  5. Dark (Heidi's suggestion)
Click on the Scavenger Hunt Sunday's button on my side bar to check the rest of the interpretations for this week and maybe join in the fun.

Happy 4th of July to all of you that celebrate this holiday and to the rest of you happy monday.

Thank you for stopping by :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday - so glad you made it in. I love the entire set...especially your last shot. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your set is beautiful especially the farm shot, what a wonderful story! I had the same dilemma over x ray, I did the same but what fun it tuned out to be? Oh and a belated happy birthday from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! Happy belated birthday! Love the story of the farm! My MIL was also born in an old farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read each and everyone of your comments.