"Photography takes an instant out of time altering life by holding it still" ~ Dorothea Lange



Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday felt like sunday!!

            Hope everyone had a great weekend and a great beginning to their week. Here in the US we celebrated Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in this nation's service and appreciation to the ones still serving. Next year I hope to go to a parade or something like that; this year we just stayed home with the boys since yesterday they spent so much time out in the sun. That's the reason I didn't post my "scavenger hunt" finds...

1. Classic Still life- what a short life this little creatures have and yet all the good they do for us.


2.Self Portrait- This is not necessarily where you will find me although I would love to have more pictures of me.


3. On the floor- this is such a common sight around our house. My youngest loves going around the house and creating little parking lots and if I or anyone moves them you get in trouble.....and balls; he LOVES balls any size, color and hardness. I'm sure one day I will look back and miss this stage of life.


4. Lines- I know this are more commonly referred as stripes but no matter what photo I saw I kept coming back to this.


5. Fresh - Here in AZ there is nothing like the fresh water splashing against your skin on a hot summer day.


Doing the scavenger hunts has been very fun.....click on the button on my side bar to take a look at the rest of the interpretations of this words. Thank you for stopping by to see mine :)


7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I totally hear you on the miniature parking lots around the house, love the kids-eye perspective of that one. It's dangerous to walk into my boys' closet, and then... yes, I get into trouble if I accidentally kick one out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretations. I remember the cars day... so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! The cars/balls are adorable (I miss those days!) and the flag shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job - I'm really liking your whole set and I like that you incorporated Memorial Day as well. I hope you had an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I love the "On the Floor" shot - so cute! My little ones love cars, but haven't created parking lots yet!

    Lines is really neat. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I so love that American flag picture--beautiful : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job. I love the one of the flag. It is amazing. :)

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read each and everyone of your comments.