"Photography takes an instant out of time altering life by holding it still" ~ Dorothea Lange



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ramblings and dreams!


It's pretty late but I must write. I have so much stirring inside of me....okay most of the time I'm always thinking and dreaming as I go about my day. I often think to far in advance and dream too many dreams all at once and sometimes I get a little discourage when things don't happen as I see in my head....this past two days has felt like a little of an overload.  Please forgive me if something doesn't make sense or I go around on circles or I'm all over the place.

Friday and Saturday I spend a BIG part of my day sitting in front of my computer or very close to it so that I could hear Jasmine Star an amazing human being and fabulous wedding photographer share her knowledge on a FREE workshop thru creativeLIVE. Listening to this woman talk makes you feel like you can fly to the moon if that's what you want to do. Thanks to people like her, people like me can believe that anything is possible. See.... here I go! I feel like there is so much to say about her and the whole experience of listening to her and yet I can't put it into words. She exudes this amazing energy that even thru the screen of my computer I felt it. How I found about her doing this workshop?  Well I follow several photographers on Facebook and she is one of them. Yes this meant I didn't do somethings that needed to be done around the house but who in their right mind would past up the opportunity of learning from one of the best for free. She didn't talk just about photography; she talked about life, dreams and being happy. 

I took many notes but of course I couldn't write everything she said but I wish I could have done that. Here I will put some of the quotes she said that really stuck to me

"You might not like where you are right now but dang you've come a long way~Jasmine Star"

When she said that it gave me chills because I'm guilty of thinking a lot about where I want to be more than realizing that where I am at is such an improvement from where I started. The life that I live today was once only a dream. I'm blessed beyond believe and for that I am grateful. 

"Is not important to be THE best, is important to be YOUR best.~ Jasmine Star"

The one above is so true in any aspect of life. We are always striving to be the best often comparing ourselves with this person or that person. Without realizing it we are failing because if we could just be who we are then we would be our best and that would be perfect but I know this is easier said than done....for that all I can say is practice, practice, practice!

"There is only ONE you~ Jasmine Star"

Watching this workshop made me feel so many different emotions and I'm sure I'm not alone. There were tears not just in me but also on the people lucky enough to be present at the workshop in front of Jasmine. She, herself shed some tears and shared very intimate information about her life and that's probably why I felt so connected.

Some people have told me that I have changed over the years and at the time I couldn't really understand what they were saying but now I do. Yes I have changed! Shouldn't we all do with time and become better. I'm not the same person that I was ten years ago. Was I happy then? Yes I believe I was happy at the time. I was just about to turn 20 I had lots of dreams. Some that seem unreachable but found out later they weren't. I began to find myself and a several years later I met an amazing man that according to some only existed in my dreams. I got married and that made me grow into a person I didn't know was there. I experienced life in a different way. He made me feel happy, beautiful, powerful, very much loved and after seven years that hasn't changed. During that period I also became a mom talk about change. Nothing prepares you to be a parent and just when you think you have the hang of things there is something new. Everyone has challenges but I believe that the outcome depends on the choices you make. I can assure you that the person I will be in ten years as scary as that may sound will be a much better person than who and what I'm today.

Life is good!


This photo was taken by a great friend of mine Leslie of Leslie Styler Photgraphy. She is amongst some of  the wonderful, encouraging and talented people that I have had a chance to meet on Facebook.

Okay I think I could go to sleep now I feel much better :)

3 comments:

  1. Carmen, I read your comment on Jasmine's blog, loved it!, and clicked over. I have two boys of my own, and have my own wedding photography business. I very much know that insane feeling of trying to do both! I think I've found true balance by focusing on them separately. I would find myself trying to focus on my two boys and then trailing off saying I need to get something photography-related done.
    Jasmine's wonderful course taught me so much as well! That making the right steps at the very beginning, taking on big risks, doing what it absolutely takes to hustle (in my case I relate that to both hustling for my boys and my photography separately) will all pay off in the long run!

    I'm totally rambling, but I just want to say, I totally relate and love your comment! And this post is great as well!
    And I love your idea of documenting a year of your photography! I might have to keep up with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, and self honesty and acceptance! What an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read each and everyone of your comments.