"Photography takes an instant out of time altering life by holding it still" ~ Dorothea Lange



Thursday, April 7, 2011

Project64 / week-64 /spring green

I have been meaning to post my "spring green" find. I actually shot different things but I kept going back to this photos. I will have to confess they are from over a year ago from my last visit to the Desert Botanical Gardens. I will be going again pretty soon and I'm very excited about it :) and hopefully these beauties are still there.






Back on Jan of 2010 the beautiful glass sculptures sit just outside the admissions area.  "The Desert Towers" were created specially for the Desert Botanical Gardens by renowned artist Dale Chihuly. How I wish his exhibition would come again to the gardens; I can just imagine all the beautiful pieces. I have seen his work on pictures but seeing it in person I believe would be a lot better. If you want to learn more about him and where his current exhibitions are please visit http://www.chihuly.com/ and if you are ever in AZ wanting to go for a nice walk and see all of the native plants to this part of the country visit http://www.dbg.org/ They always have fun things going around.

Which one of the three pictures above is your favorite?

Okay now on to keep coloring :)
"Burnt Sienna" I'm looking for you!

P.S Big thank you to all my new followers....I still can't believe my follower group has grown so much in less than a week. Wow this is so awesome.



2 comments:

  1. Wow your pictures are gorgeous! Stopping by for the UBP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool spring green find, even if it is from the archives! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read each and everyone of your comments.